Updated: Jul 27
Italian pasta salad is an essential summer dish that is delicious, wholesome, and easy to make.
Made with pasta, vibrant vegetables, salami, mozzarella balls, olives, and fresh herbs, this pasta salad is nutritious, flavorful, and provides the energy you need to get through the day.
It's what your summer picnics and cookouts need this year. The best part? It's ridiculously easy to make ahead (and actually tastes better the next day!).
Why you will love this Italian Pasta Salad Recipe.
- It’s Quick & Easy to make – chop a few vegetables, boil some pasta, mix and you’re done.
- It’s Perfect for Meal Prep – You can prep this at the beginning of the week and enjoy for a few days of easy effortless meals.
- Fresh Italian Ingredients – These fresh Italian ingredients make this an authentic crowd pleaser.
To make delicious Italian pasta salad, you will need the following ingredients:
• Pasta - use your favorite shape of pasta. I like to rotini or fusilli because of how it holds on to the delicious Italian dressing in every crevice, bringing all the flavors in each bite.
• Salami - or you can substitute with pepperoni.
• Grape Tomatoes
• Chopped Red Onion
• Bocconcini Mozzarella Balls
• Parmesan Cheese
• Fresh Parsley
• Chopped Bell Peppers - you can use any combination of bell peppers that you want. I like including red peppers because of the pop of color it adds.
• Kalamata Black Olives - you can also substitute with regular black olives, if you prefer.
• Italian Dressing - feel free to use store-bought dressing or make your own at home.
Easy As 1-2-3
1. Make the pasta. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes or according to package instructions. Drain and rinse pasta under cold water to stop the cooking process and to cool the pasta down.
2. Toss ingredients. Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl or serving bowl. If not assembling the salad immediately, add some olive oil and toss together to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Otherwise, add remaining ingredients. Pour Italian salad dressing on top, and toss to combine.]
3. Serve or chill. You can serve immediately with Parmesan on top or cover the bowl tightly with plastic cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This will allow all the flavours to infuse into each other. When ready to serve, give the salad a good toss and add a little more dressing, if desired.